View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawchuk1971 View Post
don't know if this was talked about in other threads..(mod)

just bought the THN 2012-13 yearbook recently.....

read an article about jamie benn and i saw a comment by him that was disturbing...

here is the quote from the montreal gazette..

don't know if benn's comment was sarcastic/poking fun, or he really meant it....

if its the ladder, i can see why fans are anti-player in this lockout.........

if you have a player who refuses to play in canadian markets because his privacy might be compromised or can't deal media pressure, then players like him should be disrespcted....

benn is the example of the modern prima donna, diva like hockey player.... always wanting to dictate what teams to play for, mostly in US markets, when they waive their no-trade clause..

they're too soft to handle media pressure and refuses to be accountable to the media when his play on the ice begins to suck....

i think joe nieuwendyk probably had a great influence on benn, that playing in a canadian market is considered with some disdain... .....remember the salary dispute nieuwendyk had with the flames? he dearly wanted to get out of calgary....

it kinda sucks that the players want us to support them in this lockout, but at the same time refuses to play in a canadian market because the media there is too oppressive....or any trivial reasons to avoid them...
I too have a serious problem with players who want "Toronto money" with "Dallas pressure".

But then, that is just another problem that is a direct result of the salary cap. If teams who have a "media problem" like Toronto can't pay the players more money to compensate for the headache, then they simply are not able to compete with franchises who, because of the cap, can offer the same contract, with none of the associated hassle.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote