View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 02:52 PM
xdl1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm sure double shifting Kovy going forward is NOT a good idea. Not to say just a shift or two, but him getting 5+ extra minutes of ice time a night. I would almost bet all that extra time did not help him out when he became the way he did in the playoffs, and was a non factor in the SCF, because he looked to be in a lot of pain, and not even 50 percent sometimes. I don't know why we can't double shift other people too, and spread the minutes out.

Also I'm not sure if we'll see the goons for only 30 games. That's what was said last year when Boulton, and Janssen were both brought in. We said the same thing, and there was about 5 games late in the season where neither played. I have a bad feeling one of CBGB is moved to the 3rd line, or they become the 3rd line while Josefson, and Tedenby get stuck playing with Barch or Janssen most nights.
I wasn't trying to bring the Kovalchuk up as a separate debate - I actually agree with you that he shouldn't. Pete likes his best players to play a lot, and that's pretty much the reality.

My point was mostly that the goons will play, and I probably was a little facetious in saying they will get 30 games, since Boulton and Janssen got around 50. I think it will be slightly less than last year, but still a large number. I just don't think in the end that the goons have much impact in the long run, and that they are there to eat minutes and keep Clarkson and Salvador out of fights. You won't see them down the stretch regardless.

xdl1 is offline   Reply With Quote