View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
I wasn't trying to bring the Kovalchuk up as a separate debate - I actually agree with you that he shouldn't. Pete likes his best players to play a lot, and that's pretty much the reality.

My point was mostly that the goons will play, and I probably was a little facetious in saying they will get 30 games, since Boulton and Janssen got around 50. I think it will be slightly less than last year, but still a large number. I just don't think in the end that the goons have much impact in the long run, and that they are there to eat minutes and keep Clarkson and Salvador out of fights. You won't see them down the stretch regardless.
With losing a lot of scoring I think it's better to roll 4 good lines if CBGB can keep it up. Not to mention the goons couldn't score, and also gave up a lot of goals too by stupid play. I don't see why if everybody's healthy we have to play the goons against EVERY team. Even a team with no goons. I also don't understand why Janssen has to be up over skill players. He's on a two way contract.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote