View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
I agree your first quote 100% but disagree the way you are approaching your argument. Its over-exaggeration to prove a point.

No one in this thread is arguing that position is the only factor there is when deciding between players. Absolutely no one.

The main argument throughout this thread is Mackinnon versus Jones, a debate between two equally skilled players. Position comes into play here.

But your examples have nothing to do with said argument because they aren't close. There is no, as you put it "I hope everyone learned a valuable lesson here." because the examples have no base in the underlying debate here.

I think there is just miscommunication here.

The argument stemmed not from MacKinnon vs. Jones but from Jones vs. the next best forward.

Quote:
So if a team like Phoenix or Columbus, both with a very solid, young D corps with reinforcements in the prospect pool, are drafting second, so they take Jones or do they address a serious scoring deficiency with Monahan or Barkov?
This is where it stemmed from. The question was do you take Jones or a lesser talented forward who fits a need.

This is why I used the #2 pick, on the assumption that MacKinnon was out and it was Jones or these guys.