View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by b in vancouver View Post
Unless Caron can consistently show some of the flash he had towards the end of last year I'm of the opinion that they need another top 6 forward capable of 25 goals that they can slot onto the 3rd line. I really think this team misses Savard ( can't be replaced) and when Horton went down last year it really changed the dynamic and forced some of the players into rolls they aren't as suited for.

Ideally they would add a physical winger.
Definitely... Savard wasn't, (and in our defense, couldn't) be replaced, and it's not exactly easy to cherry pick a 90 point player who's also a top-3 passer in the game off of a tree. Horton is also a huge chemistry player and always comes up in the clutch, and that's something we really needed late into the season last year and more specifically in the playoffs...

I think Caron could definitely hit 20 goals in an 82 game season if he gets enough ice time. Maybe not next year/next 82 game season, but eventually, sure. He got his trust last year when he was our best player when we were a .500 team, and he looks ready to go... He's great defensively, and although he isn't too physical, he has a big body and isn't afraid to use it to his advantage. Claude really likes a guy like that, definitely helps to be friends and training buddies with Bergeron, Claude's wet dream.

A Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin Lucic-Krejci-Horton top-6 is great, but Bergeron, Krejci, and Horton are all pretty brittle, and you can't exactly expect them to be healthy all season long. We definitely need a top-line sniper anyway, a physical 2nd liner would be a great addition as well, slot him on the 3rd line and there's no surprises when someone goes down.

Same goes for defense, McQuaid and Ference are both pretty injury prone, and Hamilton is a rookie. We really suffered with McQuaid out, imagine is Seidenberg or Chara goes... A 1st/2nd pairing tweener would be a great addition as well.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote