View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
lol that's a good comparison. I remember having knock-down drag out fights with Trottier earlier in the season about the INSANE time Kovy was getting (it was even thirty minutes early in the season...no coincidence he wound up on the shelf for two weeks after getting 30+ in three games during a two-week span), with him saying it's never bad to play your horses and me saying it's a long season and you can't play games in November like it's a deciding playoff game. If you have to play games in November that way you're not good enough to do anything in the playoffs anyway.

And I've been arguing against 75 games for Marty for years and voila, the first full season he comes in significantly under that he has his best playoff run since 2003. Even the year he got hurt he was pretty good against the Canes till Game 7, he was facing 40+ shots a game the last four games of the series though so eventually it was going to take a toll.
Yeah completely agreed. If Marty played 75 games this year he might have had better regular season stats. No way he plays that good though for another 25. Not at his age now. The young Marty could handle it. He usually starts looking tired by March, but this year he was playing his best in March. He was probably the only reason we made the playoffs at all in 07, and 08. Though he didn't look so hot those years in the playoffs. Especially against the Rangers in 08.

Kovy the same thing. No one knows how he got that injury. Wear, and tear? Or a hit somewhere into the boards? I can imagine though that extra 5 minutes adds up. Two minutes on a PP if we didn't score, many times a full two minutes on a PK.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote