View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 04:02 PM
ducks2010
I buy milk in bags

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally posted by Gotaf7
Has Gongdale found out who is trying to purchase the NHL Coyotes?
Not that I know of .... rumors of the T.O. nation... but contrast Glendale's reluctance to find out about who their potential new partners are with Markham's council. Two very different approaches.

Quote:
Councillors seek probe of promoter in Markham’s proposed NHL-size arena
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...nhl-size-arena

Two Markham councillors want the city to take a much harder look at the promoter of the city’s plan for a NHL-size arena despite the mayor’s strong support of him.

Councillors Jim Jones and Don Hamilton have confirmed they will ask council within the next two weeks to probe the background of Graeme Roustan, president of GTA Centre LP, the proposed builders and operators of a $325-million arena near Hwy 407 and Kennedy Rd.

“We’re making a phenomenal financial commitment so it’s imperative that we understand who we are dealing with,” said Jones, a council veteran. “I don’t see evidence of any proper due diligence in the project reports so far.”

“There was no personal information about anyone (in the reports),” added Hamilton. “If we are spending $325 million, we have a responsibility to our residents to do a thorough background check of all our prospective partners. I’m requesting an investigation of our partners take place.”