View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Kane One

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by czwalga View Post
And why is that genius? Did you forget to read anything that was posted?

By far the most corporate support, and on top of that the MASSIVE population advantage. NYR cant even get more people to watch the rangers on tv than the penguins when they have about a 20x population advantage; in a year in which the rangers were better and the penguins were without crosby.
The all-mighty sports town of Pittsburgh were willing to let the team move to Kansas City. Great fans.

The Rangers don't have the most fans and it's embarrassing in a market of this size, but we will have this same number no matter how bad we are. They nearly sold out in the years they missed the playoffs for like seven years in a row. Pittsburgh was an embarrassment before Crosby. And like the above poster said, we compete with two hockey teams, two basketball teams, and two football teams, all within the same season. They also compete for about a month with the Yankees and Mets, all while Pittsburgh competes with one football team and the ****ing Pirates, who also have extreme problems attendance-wise. And look how there attendance just magically happened to get better once the team was showing signs of improvement.

I wish NY was more like Pittsburgh.