View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Business, especially at the restaurants, is way down without the Coyotes. That's common knowledge. I don't see anyone at Westgate actively wishing for the Coyotes to leave. They've been awfully supportive, for good reason. Tangier opening up next door helps ease the loss, but all of that retail is better off if there are Coyote fans milling about on gameday. Weekend games tend to turn into an all day thing, where fans hang out, shop and eat at Westgate.

The Coyotes would be a tremendous loss for the area. The area exists, in part, because of the team in the first place. What we're now down to is more or less a philosophical question; should cities be in the sports business? Glendale said yes to that a long time ago, which is why you see two amazing facilities, surrounded by retail, in a glorified suburb. To turn back on that now is childish and shortsighted.
I know I have been on the opposite side of this issue from you but I have to say I really feel for the people who have been living this saga for the past couple of years. It's crazy enough popping in every once in a while to see whats up, but to think of the people who need Westgate for their livelihoods, and who live, work and own property in Glendale. I would imagine they would just like to get a resolution to this once and for all, and then try to pick up the pieces either way.