Thread: Value of: Ales Hemsky to DET
View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
I guess, by definition, he is not soft. He is not afraid to go into the corners and get absolutely crushed by the likes of Robyn Regher. Yes, hemsky isnt afraid of the physical game, but he is not really capable of playing that type of hockey(hence all of the injuries.)

Secondly, as i said, I live in Edmonton. Ive watched countless games in Rexall. If you want to call him not a one way payer, it suggests he is a two way player. Which is false. Hemsky without the puck looks lost. He is not good defensively.

Ales Hemsky would add some play making ability to the wings. Thats not something we are lacking.

So to summarize, Lets pass on hemmer. If we can snag him for a 2nd/3rd, (and not a lick more than that) ill take him.
Being "not a 1-way player" doesn't imply that he's a defensive superstar, which isn't the case. He is adequate defensively, no more, no less. Your statement that Hemsky looks lost without the puck is simply false.

If you look at Hemsky's injuries, they are due to horrible hits, not just a little rough play. He has had injuries, yes, but there is no player in the league that could withstand some of the hits Hemsky took (thinking specifically of the Michal Handzus hit from behind that caused the first shoulder injury). He certainly has question marks, and probably isn't the best fit for Detroit right now, but your analysis is a bit off.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote