View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I like all those prospects a lot but the hate for Franzen in Detroit is pretty laughable. He is the leading goal scorer the last several years. He is far more consistent than the haters would have you believe outside of a huge slump two years ago after the all-star break. He has huge playoff numbers, those guys aren't putting him in danger.

The only reason I even buy him being moved is if they do go into a full rebuild or his comments about not having fun really upset management. For the right upgrade I could see it, but his value is really tough to establish. My guess is he is one of those rare guys around here whose value is slightly more in GM circles than it is around here. He is a 30 goal scorer who has a 3.95 cap hit and most of the big years in real pay already paid for. If the league does get their penalty for the original signing team, he becomes more attractive.
Franzen consistently puts up near 30 goals a year, but how he puts up those goals is the exact opposite of consistent.

Datsyuk Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote