View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
horcoff yes. hemsky to a degree, maybe, although I doubt it, and while he is no spring chicken he's still in his 20's. Besides, if the thing holding this team back from having success and going through a positive "culture change" is based around 1 or 2 players' attitudes/mindsets etc., then the Oilers have much bigger problems. Get rid of Horcoff ASAP, no question, he is an awful captain and quite frankly a disgrace to the Oilers, and I'll admit he's a big part of some problem, but Hemsky and Smyth? I wouldn't believe for them to be bad influence or holding the team back at all.
Stauffers actually mentioned several times on his show that Smyth may not be they're the leader the fans perceive him to be. By the sounds of it he came off as having a strong sense of entitlement and whined about PP minutes.
I remember when Smyth extension talks were the subject of discussion, and every time someone called in to say he was a locker room guy, vocal, ect, Stauffer countered it saying that fans just assume these things and aren't in the locker room to see these things as fact.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote