View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I also like when someone says, if Pouliot's last name was Pouliotov, people would be loving it. As the years pass and I read more public opinion here, I believe that to be more and more true.
I don't think many people would be ecstatic about taking a very debatable BPA defenseman at #8, no matter what his nationality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I personally think the Pens are playing to the "player economics" of the league. Currently offensive defensemen and top 6 scoring centers are the most valuable commodities in the league. I think the Pens have shown, and are showing, the ability to develop offensive defensemen. No problem in drafting them, developing them, and then having a very valuable asset on our hands. For instance, a good, but not great, offensive defenseman fetched us a guy who was able to score 40 goals and another offensive defenseman.

We have two guys who can score 50 or more, and a winger who can score 40. I don't think our offensive situation is as bad as some think.
Doesn't that run contrary to BPA, though?

If we doubted our ability to develop forwards, I would hope that Shero would take strides to address the problem rather than avoid taking the BPA because of it.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote