View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I agree completely. I actually think Jones and Mackinnon are suffering from shiny new toy syndrome; I don't think either player is particularly elite as far as being top-rated draft prospects go, I don't see any signs that Mackinnon has greater potential than RNH or Hall for example, or that Jones will be better than Hedman or Larsson. I think the strength of this draft is that there is a lot of players who could be top 3 picks in another year, not that the best players are better than other years' top players
Most scouts will disagree with you there. Both Jones and MacKinnon are further ahead in their development at this stage than most top picks are and they have excellent full pro packages as well to be more than just #1 forward and Dmen on their teams in the snese that they have superstar potential (and more likely to reach it) than other top picks in most years.

I'm not a huge prospect hype guy and in general the shiny new toy thing does get overdone but these 2 players are really really special, not Sid or Mario special but just a notch below.