View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 06:27 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Well I didn't do any reports for the Admirals triple header so I'll just leave comments on the Ads players and then all the players they went up against that I can remember

Peter Holland: Probably emerging as Norfolk's best player this season. Even over Palmieri who already looks like a safe NHL bet. He's third in the league in scoring, only two points out of first place and 3 points more than RNH.

Kyle Palmieri: His last game against Albany was great. Two amazing powerplay goals that really displayed how soft his hands are. If I can get a video of the highlights I'll post them. The kid is top 6 ready, it's just about having the right linemates to make him effective.

Sami Vatanen: He looks like he's playing injured. His game is way off where it was at the start of the year. He's getting outmuscled, he's not skating as well as before, and he just doesn't play with a ton of intensity anymore. Hope this gets resolved. 2 assists in today's game.

Igor Bobkov: What a disaster he's been. 8 goals allowed in 40 minutes. He showed up with a few big saves but this kind of inconsistency will doom him to a career in the AHL or in B-tier european leagues.

Frederik Andersen: Not much better for a guy who broke Lundqvist's team record for shutouts in the SEL. Not using his glove hand enough. Allowed 6 goals in 7 periods of hockey. I see more potential in him as he seems more mentally stable, but seriously...John Gibson can't get here soon enough.

Hampus Lindholm: Quietly he's been our best defenseman as far as defensive responsibility goes. Very impressive for an 18 year old. He still has mistakes but they're few and far between in comparison to the rest of the blue line. Offensively he knows what he's doing as well he just hasn't refined that area of his game. I can see him at best being a 30 point guy as it stands. Not bad just nothing special offensively. Against Albany I thought he looked better than Larsson, and that wasn't even me trying to be a homer. I just barely noticed Adam until he got a goal late in the game.

Emerson Etem: Still hasn't rounded out his game but he's doing better. He's getting into the right areas, he's not as stupid when handling the puck. He's keeping his head up and his intensity level is where it needs to be.

Ryan Lasch: Unfortunately, I think his frame will prevent him from ever being a dominant North American force. He did great in the SM-Liga but he's just getting manhandled here in the AHL. The talent is there, it's just not really working out yet. It was worth a shot on the part of the Ducks' scouting staff and it was cool to sign a southern california native but it's just not gonna work out.

Chris Wagner: This kid looks like he really can be another 2010 steal. he hasn't fleshed out his offensive game well enough to match say, Holland and Palmieri, but he's got hands, he's got great intensity, and he's a really smart hockey player in my opinion. He could probably end up posting 30-35 points as a depth scorer in a few years.

Devante Smith Pelly: He was already good enough for the NHL, but he's honestly actually improving in my eyes down in the AHL. His decision making seems much more mature. He's defensively responsible. I don't think he'll drop anyone's jaws with his offense but he'll do just fine as reliable 3rd line/top 6 utility/complimentary player.

Luca Caputi: Can't see an NHL career out of this kid but he's been pretty fun to watch the last few games. Had a couple great feeds and chances in the last game.

Too lazy to cover the other players I watched.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote