View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Why does he need to replace him? We don't exactly have a logjam of competent NHL caliber 4th liners.

I think your in pretty good shape if you can have the speed, physicality, tenacity and offensive flare of Komarov and Brown on your 4th line, behind 3 scoring lines.

Assuming the season is cancelled and we're planning for the 13/14 season (). For discussions sake lets say Burke and Carlyle entice Getzlaf to join them in Toronto. Let's also say Toronto lands a top 5 pick and decides to further bolster their blueline by drafting the big and bad Seth Jones to compliment offensive dynamo Morgan Rielly. Just because I'm in a good mood let's assume we trade Cody Franson, Jesse Blacker and a pick for Roberto Luongo and his albatross contract.

We let the following go in FA: Lombardi, Connolly, Steckel
We resign: Lupul, Bozak and our RFA's
We waive/amnesty buyout: Komisarek

Now tell me this line-up isn't near-drool worthy.

Lupul-Getzlaf-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin
Kadri-Bozak-Frattin
Brown-McClement-Komarov

Gardiner-Phaneuf
Jones-Rielly
Gunnarsson-Liles
Holzer

Luongo
Reimer
I hate the fact you have two players who have never played a NHL game in their life on our 2nd pairing behind two guys who have shown they can be in a top 4.

On a side note looks like Leo is heading back to the KHL to play for Dynamo Moscow. Understandable really he has played against men and can't really learn much for the AHL. Hope he comes back after the lockout.