View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
I of course understand that the nhlpa will be trying to protect the players... at ALL costs. That's their job, and I don't even resent them for it.
But as fans? How could anybody possibly side with the players? Why would the fans prefer that the players get more sports cars at the expense of fairness and parity in the league?
I dislike the work stoppages more than most but I am firmly behind the players because the owners are asking the players to either

1) protect them GM's from themselves
2) shore up their risky if not irresponsible gambles of have not owners solely on the players backs

The PA caved last time, they gave up every one of their big items. Yes they made out better than projected but if the owners get the idea that all they have to do to get salary concessions is cry poor and lock the players out ( again) then it will be more remarkable if there were no stoppages at the end of a CBA.

Asking the players to let the owners out of deals they signed and then asking the players for concessions that will do little to reduce the disparity between the have and have nots is a recipe for perpetual labor strife.

And its been said before, lambasting the millionaire players and siding with the billionaire owners requires a level of cognitive dissonance I cannot fathom

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote