Old
11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
Didn't you used to be in Spin Doctors?
You tried it first and that was only after using the ole disguising multiple paragraphs as answers that were anything but answers wasn't working anymore

Quote:
You use your ways and value weightings, and others will use theres. I don't know why you continue to portray me as someone who only uses adjusted stats and not other data/info, both with as much context as possible. Your imagined assertions don't make them fact.
You have tried to use them at face value. The Gretzky vs Jagr scoring in the 90's that I mentioned earlier in this thread just for starters heh.

Quote:
The value of adjusted stats lies in that very word: VALUE. They give you exact value of offensive contribution based on the player's actual production and scoring context. They also are the best estimate of the quality of a given level of production in a given season, compared to other seasons. You can't prove the worth or accuracy of any of your metrics, so why must those who consider AS very valuable prove their exact accuracy and/or defend their importance in their own evaluations? Meanwhile, you may give increased weight to measures that I would consider inferior... with no quantification of the drastic changes in context/competition, and little appreciation of such, or the fact that the last-minute ballots of some hungover sportswriters are not going to be given more weight than objective, value-based metrics by some people.
Yep, you're right, you just go on believing that Glenn Murray's 02/03 season holds more value than 8 out of 10 of Bossy's seasons.
You keep on believing that OV, Forsberg and Sakic would have been capable of cracking what Lafleur, Dionne, Bossy and Stastny under incredibly favourable conditions including weaker goaltending, superior team strengths and an overall all out offensive league mentality couldn't do.
Or that dozens of top line players all having career years in the same division at the same time doesn't warrant further investigation.
Yeah, I'm the one ignoring info or neglecting context am I?
Sorry if I believe the value of Adjusted Stats should be determined by the case and not before hand.

So what's the actual answer to the question posed in this thread?
It's that AS's Value is not constant, that's the answer.

Rhiessan71 is offline   Reply With Quote