View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
What's the matter? Nobody else is beating games?!

Home - 8/10

Home is basically just a story driven adventure game, nothing more and nothing less. The story is really good though. It's pretty short at just about an hour but you kind of make the story go the way you want it to. It does have an ending that sums up the game but it's still fairly open ended so it is what your perceive it to be. Never scary if you're looking for a horror game but a good story.

Hitman: Blood Money - 8/10

Eh, I'm not a fan of this one because of the engine. I honestly think Contracts had the best feel out of any of the Hitman games. This one felt too much like a console game and ruined it IMO. The controls were really clunky and often had trouble even working properly. The story line was good but I felt the missions weren't as fun. I liked the whole accidental kill thing they added but missions just took way too long of literally standing there waiting for a target to reach a certain spot. I guess they did this for realism but there were points where I was literally standing still staring at the map for 5 minutes for somebody to reach or leave an area. I'm not that patient of a guy but can appreciate being patient to time something properly. However, this was just complete overkill.

Now that I've beaten them all, I feel I would rank them:

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Contracts
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Codename 47

And I'm aware that I rated Blood Money better than Contracts, but the main thing that hurt Contracts was copying missions from the original. Gameplay wise, I think it was a lot better than Blood Money. If you never played the original, just skip it and play Contracts and you won't even see why I rated it as poorly as I did.