View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
I was at the rink, talking to a friend of mine who works for the Spits, and he was telling me about some conversations he had with members of the organization (no names given to me), while watching the Super Series so far, and what he said kind of echoes what myself, and many others have noticed about this group of Russians. It's definitely not your father's Russians. There are a solid number of guys that aren't afraid to get their noses dirty, that also possess the skill necessary to be really effective players at the next level.

Nichushkin is probably the flag-bearer of the group, with really high end skill, great speed for a big guy, and solid puck protection/power game. Put him in the middle of Biggs and Frattin on the 3rd line (I know, this is in the future), and you're looking at a lot of size that can skate, and a good bit of skill to go around.

I like a lot of kids in this draft class, and to be honest with you, I don't see these threads being nearly as argumentative this year, as it was last year. It's hard not to cheer for all of these kids, and in reality, there are so many that we would be lucky to have, we just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. If we're picking in the top 20, we're going to get a GOOD, SOLID, player.

As I say that, Nichushkin dominates his way through team OHL for a chance on net.
I agree with all of this except that part. Nichushkin is certainly not a 3rd line player in any capacity (unless you were talking about 1 year?). I'm also not sure he's a centre at the next level.