View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
I support the fans.

It just so happens that the owners position would be much better for the fans as a whole, than the players position.

If concessions from any side creates a better league, that's what I'll support.

And I think that a free market (what the players want) is TERRIBLE for fans of small market teams. [so one could say it's worse for the league]
And increased revenue sharing (what the players want if they accept a cap) is TERRIBLY unfair for fans of rich teams.

If there's a system where millionaires make a little less money, but is better for the league, that's what I support. If there's a system where billionaires get a little more money, but it's better for the league, that's what I support.
So I read lots about how you want a better league... yet you can't seem to grasp that RS is one of the mechanisms to bring that about. The league is better off with RS. It allows smaller teams to compete with other teams and not lose their shirt in the process.

You're stuck in some fantasy land that RS is somehow bad for Toronto's fans. I could see one saying the cap is bad (Toronto can't buy success), but RS doesn't affect the fans in any way shape or form. MLSE will still charge what they charge for tickets, beer, hotdogs, etc regardless of RS. Prices will still go up yearly regardless of RS. These two things are NOT related.

So lets get this straight. You want a better league, and support what will bring this about... but only as long as it's fair for the fans... now how does one define 'fair' for the fans?