View Single Post
11-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Just a Fool
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
I'm not spending much time on this thread because math really bores me and I don't understand all the technical mumbo jumbo (more due to a lack of interest than anything else) but I do understand the concepts.

But if you want to go down the unbalanced schedule route with Ottawa being in that division you better look at the early Oilers more closely with the Jets, Cancuks and Kings as whipping boys for the Oil.

My bet is that you won't do that. Or that you move the goalposts again.
That's my whole point though, the goal posts don't stay the same but apparently Adjusted stats can magically line them all up.

Obviously, that's not the point you're trying to make though.
Of course we have to evaluate those factors but if you draft Wayne Gretzky today, are you going to just plug him into your team or are you going to build around him?
And when you have huge success, not only is every team in the league going to emulate you but the teams in your division are going to even more so.
I mean it wasn't even a matter of everyone in that division emulating the Oiler's. It was the Jets that led the way and it was their style in the WHA and early in their NHL debut that inspired Sather and the Oilers.
And the Kings were already running a high octane offense with Dionne and the Triple Crown line before they were even moved into the same division as the Oilers.

And I guarantee you comes back to the chicken or the egg argument again. Was Gretzky the product of this so called "perfect storm" or was he the creator of it?

Rhiessan71 is offline   Reply With Quote