View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:10 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I do agree that Tvrdon doesn't play as physical. But he must really know some people because his size goes back to being drafted, the Wings summer camps put him at the same measurements. It isn't just Vancouver pumping those out. He could use more physicality and awareness of what is actually going on in the defensive zone. I think he will pan out, but I expect a rough transition in the AHL, where a coach will bench him for how he goes about his defensive zone work. But his speed should help there, just curious what happened to the guy that used to be decent on the pk from time to time.
Just to clarify, I wasn't knocking him. I'm a big fan. The Hartikainen comparison just didn't fit. Harti looks for the big hit whenever possible, and while Tvrdon certainly doesn't shy away from ANY contact, he'd rather pick someones pocket instead. I'm actually quite curious about his size now. I had him pegged around 5'11, 190 since he's looks about 2-3 inches shorter than guys like Sward and Burns (who are actually all listed on most sites as being SMALLER) but still fairly solid

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote