View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't care THAT much. I said I was fed up of hearing about them and it sparked some kind of never ending discussion over it, for some reason.

They are already sacrificing hundreds of thousands of dollars, and if they miss out this season, some will have gone as high as to lose 10M dollars and even more.

I don't think you really read my first post on the subject. I said guys like Ovi and Kovalchuk who threaten to stay in the KHL if there's a salary rollback show that they don't really care about the fans, or the league. Even a guy like Cole that threatens to retire, how exactly is that loyalty towards the fans they apparently love?
Oh right, because the well being of their family is at risk if Kovalchuk gets his poor salary rolled back to 7M instead of 11M??

Is the league better? Of course not, but who here loves Bettman? Heck, guys supporting the owners side still want Bettman out. But he's not the sole moron here.
The players are part of the NHLPA, it doesn't mean that all agree with Fehr or whatever. I just don't see why you have to generalize and call all players hypocrite when they say they care about the fans just because the lock-out is still persisting.

You say like its nothing to see your salary drop from 11M$ to 7M$ or losing like 20M$ in the next 4-5 years is perfectly normal.

What exactly did the players do wrong when they signed a contract in the last CBA that now they have to pay for it? Just honour the contract signed and find a solution for the future.