View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 11:19 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Overblown perhaps...but everything should be open to discussion. More CHL teams! I'm all for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Agreed. The CHL is focused on preparing players for professional hockey and/or post-secondary education. If that player is Canadian, great. If that player is American, great. If that player is European, great. The CHL doesn't care. It matters to Hockey Canada but the nationality of its players is not the CHL's focus or business.
had to come home early from work to wait for a furniture delivery (yeah, TMI) and decided to use the time coming up with a list of all the teams in the CHL and whether they had an import goalie (I know, I know ). Anyway, that "project" was as stupid as it sounds and I started to lose interest very quickly. Tenacity made me finish my OHL list (the other CHL leagues will wait for one of you to do them - or maybe i'll do it over the weekend).

In any event, here's the list of foreign goalies in the OHL. Y = import goalie; N = no import goalie; N(US) = team has no import goalie, but a goalie from the US (note that not all the teams w/ an "import goalie" have that guy as their #1 goaltender):

barrie Y
belleville N
brampton Y
erie Y
guelph N (US)
kingston N
kitchener N (US)
London N
mississauga N
niagara N
oshawa N
ottawa N