View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:22 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No it's not. They are choosing to leave the most competitive hockey league in the World by their own selves because they can make a little more cash somewhere else. If they made more in the NHL, they wouldn't care about the KHL fans. It has nothing to do with being traded. But if that's what you want to believe, go right ahead man.
There might be less competition in the KHL, but you don't have a lockout every five years, you get to be near home and family. It's a good deal for Russian players, a great deal.

They can get the "highest level of competition" at the Olympics. Besides, the talent level between the NHL and KHL shrinks considerably in lockout years. I'm sure their competitive juices are flowing just fine.

"The fans" are a wash, as both leagues have fans.

There's simply no good reason for them to be in the NHL unless it pays substantially better.

Quote:
So, I guess we'll have to see if he follows through then.
I expect that many players will retire.

Quote:
Right, because that's what will happen at the end of their careers. They will only have made 25% of what they could have. Sure..
25% last lockout, 13% this lockout, as well as no pay at all every five or six years due to the Bettman lockout cycle, that adds up to a lot.