View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:32 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Disagree with the first part. Players should accept what the owners do to remain successful. If they don't like it then they can "get out" no one is forcing them to play in the NHL.

I agree with the second part. i would prefer the 5% rule and you can sign a contract for as long as you want. That being said, the cap hit should remain after the player retires or gets sent down.
I'm pretty sure the GMs and owners are forcing them. Owners are spending crazy amounts in salaries to follow and scout these kids. They're scouted at the age of 15.

I remember when Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin were considered for the Oilers picks, Daryl Katz had them flown in to Edmonton to be interviewed in his mansion.

Consider the presentations owners put on and lengths they go to sign players. How many teams were flying Justin Shultz around to tout him? And Shultz never played a single game!!

These players don't even have to perform a few miracles to be worshiped. I'm pretty sure they can find somewhere else to play.