View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
The players are part of the NHLPA, it doesn't mean that all agree with Fehr or whatever. I just don't see why you have to generalize and call all players hypocrite when they say they care about the fans just because the lock-out is still persisting.

You say like its nothing to see your salary drop from 11M$ to 7M$ or losing like 20M$ in the next 4-5 years is perfectly normal.

What exactly did the players do wrong when they signed a contract in the last CBA that now they have to pay for it? Just honour the contract signed and find a solution for the future.
Yea, I'm sure there are players and owners that really care about the fans, and if they were the ones leading the charge, there probably would have been a settlement a long time ago.

You know what, it is absolutely nothing to see your salary drop from 11M to 7M, you are darn right. When you have people elsewhere that get their countries blown up to pieces for some stupid ideology, or see their country constantly demolished year after year, for the past 40 years, where 90% of the population lives in poverty but despite it still can't help themselves but to be happy and genuinely kind hearted, ya you bet that those players aren't getting an ounce of sympathy from me regarding their salary cuts.
There are people still living in huts in some part of the world, with no electricity, no shower, and still relies on hunting and fishing for food, but over here we have a bunch of millionaires fighting with billionaires over making a little more millions on top of the millions they'd be making. It's freaking stupid beyond belief. The average US income is around 50K. Gimme a break. Those millionaires will be just fine even if they agreed to a 75% rollback.

The players didn't do anything wrong when they signed their last contracts. The agents found loopholes after the last CBA. They studied the CBA and alongside capologist found a way to get a lot more cash to their clients than they were supposed to. A loophole the NHL had not foreseen. It became obvious, to the point where teams actually had to be investigated for it and sometimes even fined where they had to give up future draft picks. Some players benefited from it. Now it's time to close those obvious loopholes, but players refuse to do so. I can't blame a guy like Kovalchuk for not wanting that, he signed his last deal. His contract is good until 2025! If there is a rollback (say 25%), then he will only make 75% of his deal and won't get a chance to break the bank again as his contract sees him go through 40.
I don't think a young player signed for 2-4 years have much of an issue with this. The cap will go back up over time, and they will hit their big pay days after.
Guys that are old and/or signed through retirement are the ones that would be most affected by this.