Old
11-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
again its no different. Its not really their place. Its not up to them how money should be split around the league, its not theirs. Thats the point. When the author talks about the league wanting to dictate things, the players are just as guilty of it. Both sides are. Admit it but everything is ra ra NHLPA

Just between us here, Kirk, I don't like revenue sharing because I don't like throwing good money after bad for years and years.

If you could tell me that supporting a team for 10 years (or a net transfer of $150 MM per team) in RS will yield a future contract of $5 billion in TV revenues, would I be swayed? Does it depend on whether I plan to own my team that long? Do I consider that 'we' [NHL] received $80 MM in expansion fees, divided by 20-26 teams?

You see, for the money that goes into the black hole, I want to know what's in it for me. In the meantime, the guy who bought the weaker team for $80 MM is desperately trying to find a buyer so he can stop subsidizing it with $20-30 MM of his own money. Money he will never get back, on top of the expansion fee or purchase price.

Edit: So I'm not nearly as pro-PA as you might think. I'm anti-Bettman, Jacobs et al., for consistently trying to ignore the fact that there is no real ROI of any meaning, and that instead they just want to bully the dollars out of the PA to cover for their horrific business decisions.

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote