View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
If your argument is that small players, certainly ones at Gaudreau's size, are at a disadvantage, then that is obvious. But small players don't have some sort of advantage in amateur leagues that allows them to be among the top scorers.

The prediction that he would be considered among the best prospects in the world is obviously a little more than optimistic, as the likelihood that he fails to reach his potential is still very high. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gaudreau crack HF's top 50 list next season, and I've already seen him in a few top 100 lists.

If people are looking at players like St. Louis, Briere, and are looking for prospects that fit their game, their size, their skill, I think Gaudreau is the first prospect that comes to mind. That's hardly a guarantee, but I think he's the most likely to reach that type of potential out of any of the crop of undersized NHL prospects right now.
I would be very surprised as the 13 draft guys are coming online as well with at least 15 guys automatically making the top 100(and at least 6 or 7 in top 50) IMO.