View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Sticks and Pucks

vCash: 500
I think Detroit would have won the Roy sweepstakes as Montreal's priority would have been to get a good young goaltender which Detroit would have had in Osgood. Detroit probably gets a record setting Stanley Cup winning season in 1996 and wins the Cup again in 97 and 98 and people would be talking about a Red Wings dynasty. As dominant as Lindros would have been in the West (without concussions), I don't think the Avs would have won in the 90s because they would not have had any goaltending. Dallas still wins in 1999 with their dominant team and I think Forsberg takes Philly to a championship in 2000 (over the Devils). Lindros and Sakic are in their prime in 2001 (both probably having MVP years) and they could carry their team to the championship in 2001.

So basically, I think if Lindros had stayed in Quebec, Detroit would have had a dynasty in the 1990s, Lindros would be a winner and future Hall of Famer, Sakic would be good but always in the shadow of Lindros and probably wouldn't be as highly regarded (maybe not even a first ballot Hall of Famer), and the Devils would be short one Cup. The Avs would probably have only won one Cup during that era as well as they would not have had Roy in net.

Sticks and Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote