View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 12:03 AM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
This was an Ontario penalty party. A procession of Russians to the penalty box, especially for the last half of the game. Not that Russia played well - they stunk - but Canada didn't play that well either. They were motivated, because they were under pressure to prove something to the fans and the public, and they may have outgrinded the Russians, but they didn't outplay them. The Ontario referees deserve credit for the win, and I'm sure they'll be duly rewarded.

My guess, there will be a lot more players from the Quebec league than from Ontario at the WJC. The Quebec league was significantly faster, more skilled, and much better finishers than the guys from Ontario. The guys from Ontario were bigger and got in a few more hits, but that tactic is very counterproductive on a large ice surface, especially if you're not that fast. It will be interesting to see whether the Western League is better than Ontario.
Which penalties were bad calls?

I thought the Russian team played tired and lazy....

And possibly unlucky as one of the tripping calls was a Canadian stepping on the blade or a Russians stick, I didn't think there were any bad calls.

Russia was just flat and uninspired.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote