View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Did he actually say anything about Galchenyuk? I am curious because I have not heard this tidbit but I have noticed that Cox and friends always do that when reporting about anything from the Canadian teams they always compare it to something in Leaf nation and then...make the conversation about the laffs...
They were talking about the few CHLers who are on the ''recall list'' for a training camp once the CBA is signed and how these kids are likely keeping an eye on CBA talks. Since it was an OHL/Russia game, Kypreos talked about Scheifele and praised him for a strong 1st period, then Cox was like ''Then you have Galchenyuk (Sportsnet flashed a Galchenyuk photo, so clearly it was planned)...that's going to be quite a decision. He was drafted 3rd overall by Montreal, so you know all that comes with that. He's 6th in OHL scoring right now and playing very well, but he played so few games last year, perhaps you leave him there...but if he's played 30 OHL games maybe you consider bringing him up.''

Then Millard chimed in quickly with something like ''Oh yeah, same situation as Morgan Rielly!'' just as Cox was seemingly going to say what he would do with Gally...and the convo went towards the Rielly angle for a few seconds. ''He may be ready, but he also did not play much last year'' and what not.