View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 11:15 PM
STL fan in IA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Smh...I don't see any reason not to be excited about Jaskin's recent play in the QMJHL. I haven't see anyone downplaying 19 yr old Jonathan Huberdeau's success. While it's true that Jaskin did play against men in the Czech Extraliga he also played very limited minutes and spent a lot of time in the Czech Junior leagues as well. Not to mention he also played on the larger European ice surface. Even with his experience, it's still very impressive IMO how quickly he's adapting to North American ice. He's currently outscoring both Petr Straka and Martin Frk(two Czech players with much more NA experience)and is now trailing only one point behind future NHL star Nathan MacKinnon. If there exist a hype train for Dmitri Jaskin consider me on it.
I never said there wasn't reason to not be excited about Jaskin's recent play. I was just simply pointing out that we should be careful not to OVER-hype him, ie. we shouldn't be considering him an option for the Blues next season.

Jaskin has had a very impressive season thus far and I expect it to continue. Comparing him to Nathan MacKinnon though? Seriously? MacKinnon is 2 years younger than Jaskin (2 1/2 yrs actually but 2 development years) and that difference is significant.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote