View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 01:03 AM
BergyDGD
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
34 is such a tough one. Obviously we know Ortiz's accolades, but Paul Pierce has been the ultimate professional in his Celtics tenure. Drafted by the team, goes through that horrific stabbing incident, has moderate success, then goes through all that rebuilding and just purely awful teams. I know he said if they didn't land KG and Ray after that pathetic season he was going to want out, but the guy NEVER complained publicly about it. Wins a ring, and a finals MVP. He has a chance to retire as the all-time leading scorer in franchise history as well if he stays healthy.

Paul Pierce is a Boston Sports legend, who will see #34 retired to the rafters soon after he hangs them up.
This, Perfectly stated. I don't think Pierce's longevity can be oversold in this debate. I'm a bigger Sox fan than Celtics but it has been a pleasure to watch Pierce go from a young man who slipped in the draft out of Kansas to the captain he is today through all the ups and downs and there were a lot of downs in Pierce's time here. There's something cool about watching someone's entire career unfold through the years. Papi has created the greatest sports memories I will treasure forever, greatest clutch hitter in Sox history. I personally think Pierce has been under appreciated in Boston, a lot of that due to playing on such bad teams. I hope one day I can look back at Tyler Seguin's career the way I look at Pierce's in the sense of watching him grow as a player and be a lifelong Boston Bruin like Pierce is a Celtic (hopefully there aren't the years of terrible teams though).

BergyDGD is offline   Reply With Quote