View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I can't find any examples but I know I've heard him say that on at least one occasion. Hard to track down who he said it about and in which interview since there are hundreds out there on the internet.
I'm pretty sure he said it about Overeem. People were asking him if Overeem will headline the end of year card but he said they can't do that. That event is on December 29th and the earliest Overeem can reapply for a license is December 27th. Even if there is a 99% chance he gets his license, that's still cutting it very close. That's their big event at the end of the year and they're going to spend millions promoting it. They can't risk something going wrong at the hearing.

Diaz is different because his suspension ends in early February (4th?) and that Anaheim card is on February 23rd. So they'll have around 3 weeks to find a replacement if for some reason he isn't allowed to fight. He probably won't be headlining either so it won't be that big of a deal if they have to pull him from the fight.