View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
The Oil were so pathetically inept and struggling soooo badly on face offs that year. That when he won a bunch of draws in his first few games the whole building would cheer almost like a goal had been scored haha. I remember Oates saying that he was embarrassed about his game and embarrassed that that is all he could give them to cheer about or something to that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popo View Post
I thought the pickup had horrible optics. The team wouldn't pay Comrie, a fan favorite, and then shelled out over 2 Million dollars for Oates who really was borderline 4th line center by then.
It was 2 million? I was thinking it was 1 million for some reason. Anyway, the two seasons before that he had 78 points and then 45 points in 65+ games. Still some nice numbers entering the dead puck, low scoring era, I mean not bad number for "a 4th line center by then". By they I assume you mean the last couple seasons prior to joining the Oilers? I mean heck even the season before he came to the Oil you have a pretty wicked offense if your 4th line guy is putting up 45 points.

I won't disagree once he suited up finally for the Oilers, after not having training camp, preseason or the start of the regular season, he was a shadow of his former self at that point.

Last edited by Oilerdiehard: 11-15-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote