Old
11-13-2012, 02:06 AM
sjaustin77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Oh SNAP!

Dom,

Great points and I have yet to see anyone debate them. Instead just more of the "Players: Good...Owners: Bad" stuff.
I'll bite.

Here are a couple notable parts of the memo:

In addition, we received a revamped proposal covering players’ share and cap issues, their so-called “make whole”, and player contracting issues. The owners finally did formally give us their “make whole” idea, which in dollar terms is similar to the discussions Bill Daly had with Steve Fehr a few days ago.

snip...

We will review today’s discussions over night and tomorrow morning before meeting again with the owners. Following our meeting tomorrow with the league, we will be able to provide a broader update.

The 1st bolded part indicates to me that the players already knew about the "make whole" as had been discussed earlier. This portion tells them that it was formally given - so if players don't know about it they can ask.

The 2nd bolded part tells me this was a memo and that was it. This wasn't a full CBA offer they were giving here. Full details did not need to be given in this memo and just because it wasn't in there doesn't mean the players who wanted to be informed about it had information withheld from them.

Were all 30 (29) owners informed of everything the players offered before being rejected in 10 minutes? I highly doubt it.

But keep vilifying Fehr when the players have overwhelmingly said that he has been a great communicator in keeping them informed.

Just more of the "Players: Bad...Owners: Good" stuff from the pro owner agenda.

Look at the track records of Bettman vs Fehr. Fehr's is far better than Bettman.
Look at why there are owners losing money. It is because of systemic issues and 1 or 2 misplaced franchises - not players share.
Look at who started the work stoppage. Are the players locked out or on strike?
Look at the players offer and how much it gives to the owners. Tell me what concessions the owners are giving. What is the dollar value of that compared to what the players are giving? It is 1 to 2% of what the players are giving up.
The owners are also unwilling to give on the major contracting issues. This has been confirmed by sources that were in the room.

Oh SNAP!