View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Feel free to disagree, but while there are many who like to give Drouin the advantage in the vision department, I don't think anyone worth listening to would give the anticipation/read advantage to him. And like I said, since the early days of Gretzky I've been led to believe that anticipation like that is directly related to the idea of "hockey I.Q.".

I'll read anything you present in terms of exploring what hockey I.Q. "is", and how these guys apply it, but don't drop an "oh come on" like that as if you're an authority who knows better, lol.
Hockey IQ isn't really a think you can quantify. It is the ability to create offense for yourself and others without even touching the puck. It's making your teammates better when you have that puck. This could mean opening lanes with movements or simply distributing the puck. When it comes to offensive hockey IQ Drouin is the total package. I just don't see how anyone can have MacKinnon in the same conversation at this time. MacKinnon is the definition of elite skillset. It seems in this thread you severely overate him however.