View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 04:15 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There's just no way for me that Leblanc even starts the year in Montreal. Yet I totally agree that MaxPac and DD stays together. So put Gio with Pleks and Cole. And put Bourque with DD and MaxPac. I'd have Prust with Eller and Moen. And Armstrong with Gomez and White.
Gio and Max are shooters - need to be on different lines. Max-DD have chemistry. Pleks-Gio have chmestry. But Bourque and Gio is a bad idea. Not creative enough, and Pleks is really just a straight passer, not a creator. Gomez has gone on record mocking Gionta's inability to share the puck. And Pleky is really a transition guy. DD is more of a post-up guy who can zag around and find someone (Max).

So, you have to keep Max-DD-Cole. But if we are a Cup contender, we need to find two other scoring lines (aside from our *****cat defense).

Max-DD-Cole
Armstrong-Pleks-Gio (except Army and Pleks will egg each other on to take macho penalties?)
Bourque-Gomez-Eller (who will get the puck?)
Moen-Noky/WHite-Prust

Is Galchenyuk ready?

Match that against the Kings lines. They brought up two young monsters on the third line and had a trad checking line... Might be a thought.

Max-DD-Cole
Bourque-Pleks-Gio
Even that doesn't match the Kings.

Shutdown line: nowhere close to having Stoll with King.

Perspective.

We can keep DD if he's carried by two big guys who can score.
Pleks need major help, even as a second line scorer. None of our guys can give him that after a loaded first line.
We don't have a third line center than can dominate. Eller is not the guy. He's like Bourque. He has to score or forget it.

So:

Max-DD-Cole
Bourque-Pleks-Galchenyuk (or, Gio/Jagr until he's ready)
Prust-Gomez-Eller
Moen-Noky/White-Armstrong

Not a fan of Gio, Gomez, Eller, Bourque, Leblanc. Prove me wrong.

Our defense needs a big guy to complement. And a healthy Markov.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 11-13-2012 at 04:48 AM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote