View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 04:47 AM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
We're comparing Tarasenko and Kuznetsov at the same age as Grigorenko and Yakupov are now. T&K did accomplish more at the time (KHL producers) than Grigs and Yakupov did at this point. Kuznetsov had a much bigger contribution in 2011 WJC than Yakupov did last year and was a man among boys at same respective age. Yakupov is a very different player, and in his role it's harder to establish as a clear-cut leader like Kuznetsov was.

That's not to say that Grigs and Yak aren't leaders. I think they'll still show their colors in WJC. (IF the Lockout continues, who knows what will happen with that)
Ah yeah. Kuznetsov definitely stood out as a leader of Russia's junior team then in a way nobody currently does, I can agree with that. I have a feeling Yak and Grigs will show up big time at the WJCs this year (assuming they both play, pending lockout). I'm sure Grigorenko feels like he has quite a bit left to prove, and Yakupov seems to be doing so well in the KHL that it's hard to imagine him not being able to produce in a big way against juniors.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote