Thread: Prospect Info: Top 25
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Pretty disappointed by the projections some have concerning Tinordi. Since he's been drafted I've been operating under the assumption that he was going to be a pretty safe bet for top pairing and no doubt about being a top 4.

If Komisarek can be on a top pairing is it that far fetched that Tinordi can?

I'd like to think PK can elevate his partner's play the way Markov did.
It would be very silly to assume a d-man who is drafted in the bottom 3rd of the 1st round is going to be a #1 or #2. He was drafted to be a big, strong presence on the blueline who could also potentially be a top penalty killer.

It is funny how everyone seems to have this need to label players in relation to their potential depth chart position. Tinordi/Leblanc etc. were drafted because they have what it takes to be integral parts of a championship calibre team. These types of players are the foundation and backbone of winning teams and are absolutely vital to winning championships. I was happy with Tinordi being picked because he has the potential to become an asset that is nearly impossible to trade for.......not because I felt that he needed to be a top pairing d-man just because he was drafted in the first round.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote