Old
11-13-2012, 06:54 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
What is your guess for a start date? I'm confident they have a season but don't know if it will be December 1st or Jan. 1st. I'm leaning towards Dec 1st.
I got a call at 4 friggin am this morning saying that as of last night they are very close and a deal is coming soon that will allow the season to begin on Dec 1 and that the Winter Classic will be back on again. After doing some searching, found that someone had said "sources" in Chicago had confirmed it with him on twitter.

You and I have been in agreement for quite a while that they are not separated by that much. That said, I'm not so sure Bettman and Fehr were sleeping together last night, let alone share the same Hotel, that they have come even closer to a deal after the Hall of Fame Inductions.

Steve Fehr has said that there are 3 remaining stumbling blocks that need to be dealt with.

My take is that if it were Steve Fehr and Bill Daly running the show, we would never have come this far. They made huge steps last weekend only to have it all picked apart in the larger groups. Bettman and Don Fehr can both go take a hike as far as i'm concerned.

As for the 4 am phone call, it was from a fan (really have to stop giving my phone number out) asking if there was any truth to it. Of course I'll find out what I can this morning, but I highly doubt its true.

But I do believe they can start the week of Nov 27 - Dec 2