View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
A little surprised that nobody's mentioned that Scheifele still needs work on his balance issues. His skating does look better, but still a work in progress. A solid game otherwise.

I wish I had been on here during the game, since I'm familiar with the Bruins prospects (Camara, Griffith) that played with Scheifele tonight. I wish we had grabbed Griffith with our 5th rounder this year instead of Connor Hellebuyck.
IMHO I think his balance has improved leaps and bounds since last year, along with his skating/strength. Just comparing the small samples of games I've seen over the past couple of years. Even compared to the Canada Russia challenge this summer, he seems to be a hell of a lot stronger on the puck and doesn't get knocked around nearly as much. There was a few hits on him last night where he would normally collapse, but to my pleasure he was able to take the hit and stay on the puck more often then not.

Edit: as said by others, I also like how his aggression has taken an upward turn. I liked seeing him take the body more.

Mathil8 is offline   Reply With Quote