Thread: OT: Music
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
bvon44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aura View Post
Bumping my old thread because what else is there to talk about these days.

Anyone been to a good show lately? What's everyone been listening to?
Saw the best concert I've ever seen in Sept; Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band at Metlife Stadium. Show was delayed to a little after 10, Bruce still played til after 2AM. After seeing Bruce and the band 7 times, I'm still hungry for more.

As for what I'm listening to, I'm into Alt-Country/Alt-Folk. One of the best bands out there right now, The Avett Brothers, just put out a new album. Another great Alt-Folk band is the one in my avatar, Katzenjammer, an all girl acoustic group from Norway, very different but so very good (and gorgeous to boot!). They have more fun on stage than just about anyone else I've seen. Some of my other favorite artists come out of Europe; Denmark's Tina Dico, Norway's Sondre Lerche, Susanne Sundfør, Jonas Alaska, and Marit Larsen. My other musical tastes range from some of the old guard; The Beatles, The Stones, The Band, Steely Dan, Jackson Browne, James Taylor Warren Zevon...to singer songwriters like Sara Bareilles, Diane Birch, Regina Spektor, and probably the best working singer songwriter out there right now, Josh Ritter.

And to Bossyfan71, I too am a huge Monkees fan! No need to be ashamed! For what its worth, I'm a huge ABBA fan, and I'm proud of it!

Here's Katzenjammer

bvon44 is offline   Reply With Quote