View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 09:37 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
True. It's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Thomas the Train just about all day. I can tolerate it in small amounts though, it could be a lot worse.

Jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes. Spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti.

Legit though, I like a lot of sad crappy movies. I may or may not have purchased the Notebook, Must Love Dogs, and Serendipity. I can't do all of them though, like the new chick flicks with Channing Tatum and the like...nope.

I was never into the Michael Bay style either. I like a story and/or a movie that makes you think. Explosions don't do it for me. Not in the Michael Bay sense anyway
I'll cash in my man card for Serendipity. Love that movie.

Also, as a married man, I've suffered through my fair share of chick flicks over the years. Most were epically bad. The Notebook made me want to punch someone in the face. The worst recent one I've struggled through lately was The Vow with your fav, Channing Tatum. Easily the worst movie next to Eat. Pray. Love. I've ever seen. The only way it could have gotten worse was if Katherine Heigl was in it.

My wife and I rotate movie choices every other week. 2 weeks ago my choice was the remake of True Grit. Great movie. Great acting. Great story. Well worth checking out. Her choice this past weekend was We Bought a Zoo. It was okay, but certainly had some chick flick moments, and I clearly was not the target audience. This week is all me, so I may force her to watch Thor just out of spite.