Thread: Subway Series
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
I thought Scheifele was the best player on the ice last night. Call me a homer, but he was defensively responsible, great out of the zone, made saucer passes and reads, generated scoring chances, and dished out some hits. Not only do I think he could be one of Canada's best players in the WJHC, but I think he should get a letter. With last nights game and the summer games against the Russians, he looks like a great leader out there.

Even though he got 2 points, I wasn't really impressed with Strome. If it wasn't for his points, I don't think Strome really did much. Not nearly all the little things like Scheifele.

I'll just say it here, after 4 games I haven't been impressed with Yakupov. Am I saying he's not good? No. He's being doing well in the KHL. But for a kid who was drafted 1st overall, and put up great numbers in junior, he looks below average in this series. 2 goals in 4 games and the 1st was a giveaway right to him in the slot, and the 2nd last night was basically a tap in from the slot as well. I also don't give any leeway to the argument that he's "not interested" or any crap like that. If he's on the team and on the ice, he had better be giving it 100%. Otherwise, what does that say about him? Again, not saying he's a bust, or that he's not going to be great, but he's been very underwhelming for a 1st overall, next Stamkos type guy.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote