View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Piodale

vCash: 500
Story about Thomas Spelling on the website of the Danish TV channel holding the rights to broadcast NHL games:

19 year old Thomas Spelling has adjusted well to life in Rögle and now hopes to get a real shot at the Elitserie-team soon.

Spelling was named Rookie of the Year in the Danish league in 2011 and drafted by the Rangers in 2012, so there were big expectations after his transfer to the newly promoted Elitserie club Rögle in Sweden before this season.

He had hopes about doing everything possible in Elitserien, but so far he has only been on the bench (edit: probably meaning getting picked for matches, but not seeing any ice time) twice, so it has been a tough transition.

"I feel like I have adjusted well to life in Sweden after spending some time getting used to it - and my game is getting better at the U20 team", says Spelling, who is up to 8 goals and 20 points in 17 matches, making him the second leading scorer on his team.

"I have begun to relax more and I hope I can transfer that mindset when I hopefully get back into the Elitserie-squad", Spelling continues.

Earlier this season he hoped to be loaned out to a smaller club in (2nd tier league) Allsvenskan, but those plans have been scratched. Among other reasons because two other forwards have been loaned out.

"Our GM says that those two other guys going out on loan have brought me closer to the team, and he estimates that I have a really good chance of making the team some time early in 2013", Spelling says and emphasises: "It has really motivated me, so I just want to go out and give it my all to show that I have the quality to be used in Elitserien".

In a previous interview Spelling said that he didnt feel he had good communication with Rögles Elitserie-coach Dan Tangnes, men that situation has changed now as well:

"Its working a lot better now. We are having more conversations than during the beginning of my stay here. Perhpas I also had some difficulites coming to him if I needed to talk earlier on this season, so its nice that this is back on track".

Link to story in Danish: http://tv2sport.dk/spelling-godt-paa-vej-i-det-svenske