View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 11:08 AM
redbull
game on

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Honestly I hope he does not. The kid produces like crazy which is great but I think some time in the AHL would do him wonders.

On the ice for the super series he just looked skinny and goofy. He seems to get a lot of hate from non-isles fans which I do not get. But he definitely would benefit playing on a good Bridgeport team while learning the pro game. Will also help him get strong with age. Especially if he wants to play center in the NHL. He doesnt seem to carry his line or create space for anyone. But he has shown he can find the players that do.

I think he would be a great winger for Tavares though. I can already imagine Tavares working the puck deep behind the net and feeding Strome in the high slot for one of his bad ass one timers. That may be the only way he sees NHL ice next year. And after that, Nelson may outplay him for the 2C IMO.
He still doesn't look NHL-ready to me, not exactly sure why.

Seems a step too slow, a tad too small for him to be a productive NHL player.

If there's a new CBA and there's a training camp I'd hope the Isles pull Strome out of the CHL to at least try out. I also agree that both Niederreiter and Nelson might be a step ahead of Strome, being more than two years older and playing well in the AHL already. Not to mention Cizikas whom I believe would make the NYI pretty easily out of camp.

I'd say the NYI don't need a "not-ready" Strome on this roster, they have other (better) options for this season, unless Strome proves some of us wrong.

He's got a great head for offense though, the instincts of a scorer, the thing you cannot teach!