View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
He still doesn't look NHL-ready to me, not exactly sure why.

Seems a step too slow, a tad too small for him to be a productive NHL player.

If there's a new CBA and there's a training camp I'd hope the Isles pull Strome out of the CHL to at least try out. I also agree that both Niederreiter and Nelson might be a step ahead of Strome, being more than two years older and playing well in the AHL already. Not to mention Cizikas whom I believe would make the NYI pretty easily out of camp.

I'd say the NYI don't need a "not-ready" Strome on this roster, they have other (better) options for this season, unless Strome proves some of us wrong.

He's got a great head for offense though, the instincts of a scorer, the thing you cannot teach!
Agreed, it really wouldn't hurt his development to be eased into the NHL with time in the AHL. The question is not about his skills, it's about his physical development. The more time he's afforded, the better in the long run IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I think Strome will come in to camp and show he can play at an NHL level, but the physical maturity and experience of Brock Nelson will make it easy for the Isles to send Strome back down for more seasoning. I agree that a stint in the AHL whether it's a half a season or two seasons will do wonders for Strome. Who knows, he might even transition to wing.
Nelson's rapid ascent is directly going to affect Strome. He very well could push Strome to the AHL (which would probably be best for him anyway) because he's more physically mature and much more NHL ready. I figured Strome was a shoo-in for a spot on the Isles next season, but I didn't think Nelson was going to develop this quickly. Like I've said before, it's a great problem to have 2 high end center prospects.